Monday, December 8, 2008

'At Last', Cadillac Records

Today I went to see Cadillac Records with a friend. I'm not sure how much I should say, but this friend is fighting cancer, and I just found out. We went to Dallas BBQ in Times Square and then went to the AMC for a 4 o'clock show. We'd both had a cocktail with lunch (I had a strawberry margarita, Texas size); it was delicious, and I thought I might fall asleep during the movie.

Well, that wasn't happening. I was riveted to the screen the whole time. Such a great story and the cast didn't overplay anything. They told the story instead of being stars in the story. I thought it was very well done.

Now I'm home and have been singing 'At Last', from the movie, all day. rofl. I literally hear this song every single week at my wedding gigs and never get tired of it. I'd say it's THE most popular wedding song and is done at about 99% of receptions. Listen to a little; I hope I did it justice.

No comments: