Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Back In The Saddle: Update

Ok Fam, Sometimes you just have to be ready for Success? Are you?

I thought I had a callback for this show for which I just auditioned; turned out it was a first rehearsal and read-thru. Maybe I didnt catch the inflection of the emails telling me that he (the director) wanted me to take the part of Tin Man. They sent me the script and a song to learn, so I just figured it was a callback. Ah well.

We started rehearsing and the first show is this coming Friday. If you're reading this later on in life; today is now Tuesday and first rehearsal was on Monday night. Oh! I got the email with the script on Sunday but didnt open it until Monday morning. Fast, eh? Yes, things can sometimes move awefully fast and you've just gotta be ready.

This business is a true rollercoaster ride, and I'm not even near the top tier. So you Think you wanna be a Star? I'd concentrate on honing my craft first and being ready to rehearse and perform a show in 4 days with only 4 rehearsals. Do you think you can do that? It's been a while for me, but I think I've got it under control.

I'll let you know how it's coming along.

No comments: