Monday, April 26, 2010

Back In The Saddle: Auditioning

Hey Fam, I really felt like talking about this and took a little video; but I haven't really taken the time to edit it cause the process is still on-going.

Well, I've been looking to do a little TYA work. What's that? It's Theater for Young Audiences. Why would I want to do that? Well, for one I want to stay at home and work on my business while doing my weekly gig and TYA is usually early daytime work...and it's very satisfying introducing young audiences to live theater.

So I was posting something on Craigslist and happened to run across an advert for gospel/r&b singers. Now you know I was all over that...and it pays pretty good too. I went to the audition (and was the first one there even before the auditioners). I talked to the person auditioning actors once he arrived, he looked over my resume and seemed impressed while asking about a few of the credits; then he asked me to sing a song and do a monologue (both of which I had prepared).

I think it was a wonderful audition, it only took about 7 minutes in the room, and he seemed pleased and said he would be in touch. Ah, I miss auditioning so much sometimes. It used to be a daily thing (and sometimes several times a day).

The process is still on-going, because he did send me a script and a song to learn for a callback Monday (today). Wish me Luck! This is definitely the life.

1 comment:

robertanton said...

oh oh oh!! I also have an audition for a Disco band coming up on Wednesday. Gotta work on Boogie Man and Disco Inferno.